NSCN (IM) cadre arrested with arms
Itanagar: One NSCN (IM) cadre has been arrested with fake driving licence and arms from Khonsa in Arunachal Pradesh, a release by Assam Rifles said.
Acting on a tip-off regarding presence of armed cadre at Deomali, a search operation was launched by Assam Rifles and Arunachal Police and they apprehended self-styled Lieutenant Teliam Panka, a resident of Kaimai village in Tirap district on Aug 31.
One .22 mm country-made pistol, four live rounds of cartridges and a forged driving license was found from him.
The arrested cadre said that he had been managing and coordinating activities of NSCN (IM) and was involved in providing logistic support, mobilising groups of armed cadres for the outfit in Tirap district, sources said.
The cadre along with the weapons was handed over to Deomali police station, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok