NSCN-IM leader held on murder charge, in CBI remand
Itanagar: Five days after his arrest by
CBI, self-styled lieutenant of NSCN-IM Kaping Luikham was
being interrogated at an undisclosed location in Arunachal
Pradesh in connection with the assassination of former Lok
Sabha member Wangcha Rajkumar, three years back, a top police
`Capt` Luikham, who was picked up by the CBI’s special
crime branch (Kolkata) from Imphal on Tuesday, was on
Wednesday brought to Deomali, where the murder took place, via
Guwahati, a top police official said today.
Hours after arrest, the investigating agency had
produced Luikham, a resident of Konghan village of Manipur’s
Ukhrul district, in the court of the Chief Judicial
Magistrate, Imphal West, who sent the rebel to seven days`
transit remand of CBI for interrogation.
Luikham is the third cadre of the outfit to be
apprhended by the CBI.
Rajkumar was shot dead by two unidentified men when he
was playing badminton at Deomali community hall in Tirap
district on December 23, 2007.
The investigating agency earlier arrested two
militants Ramchan Longlen and Toche Wangsu - on March 3 and
April 7 respectively last year.
Four other rebels, named accused in the case, are
After handing over the murder case to the CBI in
December 2007, the state government has been asking for
expeditious outcome of the probe while various organisations,
particularly the All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU)
demanded that the outcome be made public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20
- 50,000 fans register for Xiaomi Mi Max launch event
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module