NSCN-IM leader Muivah visits Jotsoma
Kohima: NSCN-IM leader T Muivah today
arrived at Jotsoma village near here as part of his `peace
mission` to hold consultations with civil society leaders on
the Naga talks issue.
Muivah, who arrived here after his nearly two-week stay
at Pfutsero in Nagaland`s Phek district, was given a
traditional welcome by villagers.
He was escorted by Nagaland police and accompanied by
senior functionaries and NSCN-IM cadre.
Outfit sources said the NSCN-IM General Secretary would
stay for about a week at Jotsoma, about 8 km here, and hold
consultations with villagers.
He would also visit Khonoma village, the birthplace of
late A Z Phizo, the pioneer of Naga political struggle for
The Naga leader, who went to Pfutsero on June 4 after
staying for a month in Viswema village near Nagaland-Manipur
border, is also likely to visit Kohima village, they said.
Muivah, who had planned to visit his birthplace in
Somdal village in Manipur`s Ukhrul district on May 5 after
more than four decades, had to defer it after the government
of the neighbouring state opposed his entry.
The Centre also reportedly asked him to postpone his
visit till normalcy returned to Manipur and to go to New Delhi
for the next round of peace talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read