NSCN-IM owns killing of Naga couple in Manipur
Imphal: Naga militant outfit, NSCN-IM Wednesday owned the responsibility for killing Vareingam Shimray (35) and his wife, Ngaherla in Manipur`s hilly Ukhrul district bordering with Myanmar.
In a statement, NSCN-IM said Shimray was killed for supporting Manipur Naga Revolutionary Front (MNRF) and for `anti-Naga activities.
"The outfit said Ngaherla was killed because she was `too close to her husband` when they opened fire.
Shimray, a respected village leader and was involved in many social activities, was gunned down along with his wife by unknown militants at his home at Lungphu village under Phungyar sub-division on Sunday, official sources said.
Sources also said MNRF was recently formed by some Nagas in Manipur and its avowed aim and object was to protect territorial integrity of Manipur and work for communal harmony
of different ethnic groups in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman