NSCN-IM ultras arrested in Tripura
Agartala: Four insurgents of NSCN (IM) group have been arrested at Kachcherra in Dhalai district of Tripura when they were on way to Nagaland, police on Thursday said.
Acting on a tip-off, a contingent of Tripura police led by Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) of Ambassa, Mayajoy Rupini stopped a vehicle at Kachucherra yesterday and arrested four NSCN-IM insurgents and recovered nearly Rs 2.5 lakh and four mobile telephone sets.
During interrogation, the ultras said they killed their commander and another insurgent at their base camp in Khagracherri district of Chittagong Hill Tract (CHT) on August 15 following an altercation and fled to Raisyabari in Dhalai district of Tripura, they said.
The ultras fled with two sniper rifles, one AK-47 rifle, a semi automatic rifle, five grenades and a 9 mm pistol and later sold them to another insurgent outfit in CHT at the cost of Rs 3 lakh, after which they entered Raisyabari in Dhalai district on August 21, they said.
The ultras then hired a vehicle and were going to Nagaland via Silchar, they said.
The ultras were identified as Johni Natuma (25), Nakhdong Lam (27), Kiven Dominique (26) and Mounam Koniack (30).
Tripura police informed Nagaland police about the arrest, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH