NSCN-IM ultras arrested in Tripura
Agartala: Four insurgents of NSCN (IM) group have been arrested at Kachcherra in Dhalai district of Tripura when they were on way to Nagaland, police on Thursday said.
Acting on a tip-off, a contingent of Tripura police led by Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) of Ambassa, Mayajoy Rupini stopped a vehicle at Kachucherra yesterday and arrested four NSCN-IM insurgents and recovered nearly Rs 2.5 lakh and four mobile telephone sets.
During interrogation, the ultras said they killed their commander and another insurgent at their base camp in Khagracherri district of Chittagong Hill Tract (CHT) on August 15 following an altercation and fled to Raisyabari in Dhalai district of Tripura, they said.
The ultras fled with two sniper rifles, one AK-47 rifle, a semi automatic rifle, five grenades and a 9 mm pistol and later sold them to another insurgent outfit in CHT at the cost of Rs 3 lakh, after which they entered Raisyabari in Dhalai district on August 21, they said.
The ultras then hired a vehicle and were going to Nagaland via Silchar, they said.
The ultras were identified as Johni Natuma (25), Nakhdong Lam (27), Kiven Dominique (26) and Mounam Koniack (30).
Tripura police informed Nagaland police about the arrest, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!