NSCN (K) cadres nabbed in Arunachal
Itanagar: Security forces in Arunachal
Pradesh during an operation arrested two hardcore cadres of NSCN (K) from Longding.
Aman Konyak and Nahnga Ghangsa were nabbed by a joint team of Longding police and Rajput Regiment of the Army yesterday, SP Rajesh Kumar said in a statement today.
One pistol and a revolver along with live cartridge, two mobile phones an extortion note and cash have been recovered from their possession, he said.
While Konyak hails from Longua in Mon of Nagaland, Nahnga Ghangsa hails from Jangsa in Longding district. Both of them are active in the area, extorting money from the locals, for some time, Kumar said.
Longding police and the Army have jointly apprehended 14 rebels from various outfits and seized large quantities of arms and ammunition in the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir