NSCN (K) cadres nabbed in Arunachal
Itanagar: Security forces in Arunachal
Pradesh during an operation arrested two hardcore cadres of NSCN (K) from Longding.
Aman Konyak and Nahnga Ghangsa were nabbed by a joint team of Longding police and Rajput Regiment of the Army yesterday, SP Rajesh Kumar said in a statement today.
One pistol and a revolver along with live cartridge, two mobile phones an extortion note and cash have been recovered from their possession, he said.
While Konyak hails from Longua in Mon of Nagaland, Nahnga Ghangsa hails from Jangsa in Longding district. Both of them are active in the area, extorting money from the locals, for some time, Kumar said.
Longding police and the Army have jointly apprehended 14 rebels from various outfits and seized large quantities of arms and ammunition in the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH