NSCN (K) cadres nabbed in Arunachal
Itanagar: Security forces in Arunachal
Pradesh during an operation arrested two hardcore cadres of NSCN (K) from Longding.
Aman Konyak and Nahnga Ghangsa were nabbed by a joint team of Longding police and Rajput Regiment of the Army yesterday, SP Rajesh Kumar said in a statement today.
One pistol and a revolver along with live cartridge, two mobile phones an extortion note and cash have been recovered from their possession, he said.
While Konyak hails from Longua in Mon of Nagaland, Nahnga Ghangsa hails from Jangsa in Longding district. Both of them are active in the area, extorting money from the locals, for some time, Kumar said.
Longding police and the Army have jointly apprehended 14 rebels from various outfits and seized large quantities of arms and ammunition in the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre