NSCN (K) cadres nabbed in Arunachal
Itanagar: Security forces in Arunachal
Pradesh during an operation arrested two hardcore cadres of NSCN (K) from Longding.
Aman Konyak and Nahnga Ghangsa were nabbed by a joint team of Longding police and Rajput Regiment of the Army yesterday, SP Rajesh Kumar said in a statement today.
One pistol and a revolver along with live cartridge, two mobile phones an extortion note and cash have been recovered from their possession, he said.
While Konyak hails from Longua in Mon of Nagaland, Nahnga Ghangsa hails from Jangsa in Longding district. Both of them are active in the area, extorting money from the locals, for some time, Kumar said.
Longding police and the Army have jointly apprehended 14 rebels from various outfits and seized large quantities of arms and ammunition in the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32