NSCN (K) militant gunned down in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: A NSCN(K) militant was gunned down by security forces during an encounter in troubled Longding district of Arunachal Pradesh, the police said Wednesday.
The NSCN(K) cadre, identified as Gangsa, a Myanmarese national, was shot dead during a gunbattle at Kanu village on Monday last, Superintendent of Police Ajit Kumar Singla said in a statement today.
One AK-56 Rifle, three magazines and 45 rounds of live ammunition along with mobile handsets and other material were recovered from the possession of the slain ultra, he said.
Acting on a tip-off about the presence of about 12 NSCN (K) cadre in the village, a joint search operation team of First Assam Rifles and Arunachal Pradesh Police was launched to nab the ultras.
When the security forces reached Kanu village, the insurgent outfit started firing on the security forces, which retaliated in self-defence, the statement said.
When the firing stopped, security forces recovered the body.
The other rebels who were also suspected to be Myanmarese nationals fled away, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missing Batla House encounter suspects Sajid, Rashid appear in ISIS video on Indian 'Jihadists'
- 'BJP will get clear majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections; SP, BSP will give fight in some seats'
- BCCI contemplating over holding mini-IPL in September: Report
- Will Salman Khan-Katrina Kaif be back together?
- A time of goodness, justice and peace is now going to begin in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan