NSCN(IM) leader nabbed in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: In a major breakthrough, a joint team of Arunachal Pradesh and Assam police arrested a self-styled `brigadier` of the NSCN(IM) from insurgency-hit Tirap district in Arunachal Pradesh.
The joint team nabbed Absalom Raman alias Absalom Tangkhul from a village along Arunachal-Assam boundary yesterday, official sources said here on Tuesday.
"This is probably the biggest catch of an insurgent leader in Arunachal Pradesh," the sources claimed.
The dreaded leader was active in Tirap and Changlang districts for over 10 years and was behind the ingress and establishment of NSCN (IM) in a previously NSCN (K) dominated area.
He was also responsible for setting up of a camp deep in the jungles near Longbo village, which was destroyed in a two-day operation in December last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says