NSCN(IM) leader nabbed in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: In a major breakthrough, a joint team of Arunachal Pradesh and Assam police arrested a self-styled `brigadier` of the NSCN(IM) from insurgency-hit Tirap district in Arunachal Pradesh.
The joint team nabbed Absalom Raman alias Absalom Tangkhul from a village along Arunachal-Assam boundary yesterday, official sources said here on Tuesday.
"This is probably the biggest catch of an insurgent leader in Arunachal Pradesh," the sources claimed.
The dreaded leader was active in Tirap and Changlang districts for over 10 years and was behind the ingress and establishment of NSCN (IM) in a previously NSCN (K) dominated area.
He was also responsible for setting up of a camp deep in the jungles near Longbo village, which was destroyed in a two-day operation in December last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar