NSCN(IM) leader nabbed in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: In a major breakthrough, a joint team of Arunachal Pradesh and Assam police arrested a self-styled `brigadier` of the NSCN(IM) from insurgency-hit Tirap district in Arunachal Pradesh.
The joint team nabbed Absalom Raman alias Absalom Tangkhul from a village along Arunachal-Assam boundary yesterday, official sources said here on Tuesday.
"This is probably the biggest catch of an insurgent leader in Arunachal Pradesh," the sources claimed.
The dreaded leader was active in Tirap and Changlang districts for over 10 years and was behind the ingress and establishment of NSCN (IM) in a previously NSCN (K) dominated area.
He was also responsible for setting up of a camp deep in the jungles near Longbo village, which was destroyed in a two-day operation in December last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29