NSCN(IM) leader nabbed in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: In a major breakthrough, a joint team of Arunachal Pradesh and Assam police arrested a self-styled `brigadier` of the NSCN(IM) from insurgency-hit Tirap district in Arunachal Pradesh.
The joint team nabbed Absalom Raman alias Absalom Tangkhul from a village along Arunachal-Assam boundary yesterday, official sources said here on Tuesday.
"This is probably the biggest catch of an insurgent leader in Arunachal Pradesh," the sources claimed.
The dreaded leader was active in Tirap and Changlang districts for over 10 years and was behind the ingress and establishment of NSCN (IM) in a previously NSCN (K) dominated area.
He was also responsible for setting up of a camp deep in the jungles near Longbo village, which was destroyed in a two-day operation in December last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"