NSCN(K) ready for talks if invitation is sent
Kohima: SS Khaplang led Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland has hinted that it is ready for political talks with the Centre if a formal invitation is sent to it.
A verbal invitation has been given to NSCN (K) by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, but the outfit is insisting on a written invitation for talks, a senior NSCN (K) functionary told newsmen on Tuesday.
The outfit hoped for a written invitation from the Centre for talks by December, he said on the sidelines of a function at Surohoto in Zunheboto district.
He said once the invitation is received, the outfit would convene a meeting with other Naga organisations and civil societies so that all Nagas are taken into confidence before starting political negotiations with the Centre.
A group of NSCN(K) functionaries recently met Sindhe in New Delhi.
NSCN(K) entered into a ceasefire in April 2001, but is yet to begin formal political talks with the Centre while the peace dialogue between the Government and NSCN (I-M) has been continuing for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch