NSCN(K) ready for talks if invitation is sent
Kohima: SS Khaplang led Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland has hinted that it is ready for political talks with the Centre if a formal invitation is sent to it.
A verbal invitation has been given to NSCN (K) by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, but the outfit is insisting on a written invitation for talks, a senior NSCN (K) functionary told newsmen on Tuesday.
The outfit hoped for a written invitation from the Centre for talks by December, he said on the sidelines of a function at Surohoto in Zunheboto district.
He said once the invitation is received, the outfit would convene a meeting with other Naga organisations and civil societies so that all Nagas are taken into confidence before starting political negotiations with the Centre.
A group of NSCN(K) functionaries recently met Sindhe in New Delhi.
NSCN(K) entered into a ceasefire in April 2001, but is yet to begin formal political talks with the Centre while the peace dialogue between the Government and NSCN (I-M) has been continuing for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam