NSCN(K) ready for talks if invitation is sent
Kohima: SS Khaplang led Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland has hinted that it is ready for political talks with the Centre if a formal invitation is sent to it.
A verbal invitation has been given to NSCN (K) by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, but the outfit is insisting on a written invitation for talks, a senior NSCN (K) functionary told newsmen on Tuesday.
The outfit hoped for a written invitation from the Centre for talks by December, he said on the sidelines of a function at Surohoto in Zunheboto district.
He said once the invitation is received, the outfit would convene a meeting with other Naga organisations and civil societies so that all Nagas are taken into confidence before starting political negotiations with the Centre.
A group of NSCN(K) functionaries recently met Sindhe in New Delhi.
NSCN(K) entered into a ceasefire in April 2001, but is yet to begin formal political talks with the Centre while the peace dialogue between the Government and NSCN (I-M) has been continuing for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...