NSCN(K) ready for talks if invitation is sent
Kohima: SS Khaplang led Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland has hinted that it is ready for political talks with the Centre if a formal invitation is sent to it.
A verbal invitation has been given to NSCN (K) by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, but the outfit is insisting on a written invitation for talks, a senior NSCN (K) functionary told newsmen on Tuesday.
The outfit hoped for a written invitation from the Centre for talks by December, he said on the sidelines of a function at Surohoto in Zunheboto district.
He said once the invitation is received, the outfit would convene a meeting with other Naga organisations and civil societies so that all Nagas are taken into confidence before starting political negotiations with the Centre.
A group of NSCN(K) functionaries recently met Sindhe in New Delhi.
NSCN(K) entered into a ceasefire in April 2001, but is yet to begin formal political talks with the Centre while the peace dialogue between the Government and NSCN (I-M) has been continuing for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!