NSCN(K) ready for talks if invitation is sent
Kohima: SS Khaplang led Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland has hinted that it is ready for political talks with the Centre if a formal invitation is sent to it.
A verbal invitation has been given to NSCN (K) by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, but the outfit is insisting on a written invitation for talks, a senior NSCN (K) functionary told newsmen on Tuesday.
The outfit hoped for a written invitation from the Centre for talks by December, he said on the sidelines of a function at Surohoto in Zunheboto district.
He said once the invitation is received, the outfit would convene a meeting with other Naga organisations and civil societies so that all Nagas are taken into confidence before starting political negotiations with the Centre.
A group of NSCN(K) functionaries recently met Sindhe in New Delhi.
NSCN(K) entered into a ceasefire in April 2001, but is yet to begin formal political talks with the Centre while the peace dialogue between the Government and NSCN (I-M) has been continuing for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened