NSF urges PM for solution of Naga political problem
Kohima: The Naga Students` Federation (NSF) has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take a decisive step in bringing an honourable solution to the Naga political problem.
In a memorandum to the PM on Thursday, the NSF said 16 years has completed since the Centre initiated the Naga peace process but there was not much progress in finding an honourable solution to the Naga political issue.
The NSF said the organisation knew the PM was engrossed with many issues confronting the government, but the Naga peace process was also equally important to be dealt with seriously, it said.
"We urge you to concretize the political talks and take a decisive step in bringing an honourable solution" to the Naga political problem, the NSF said.
The NSF leaders had met AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi and BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi yesterday and urged them to look into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31