NSF urges PM for solution of Naga political problem
Kohima: The Naga Students` Federation (NSF) has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take a decisive step in bringing an honourable solution to the Naga political problem.
In a memorandum to the PM on Thursday, the NSF said 16 years has completed since the Centre initiated the Naga peace process but there was not much progress in finding an honourable solution to the Naga political issue.
The NSF said the organisation knew the PM was engrossed with many issues confronting the government, but the Naga peace process was also equally important to be dealt with seriously, it said.
"We urge you to concretize the political talks and take a decisive step in bringing an honourable solution" to the Naga political problem, the NSF said.
The NSF leaders had met AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi and BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi yesterday and urged them to look into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...