NSF urges PM for solution of Naga political problem
Kohima: The Naga Students` Federation (NSF) has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take a decisive step in bringing an honourable solution to the Naga political problem.
In a memorandum to the PM on Thursday, the NSF said 16 years has completed since the Centre initiated the Naga peace process but there was not much progress in finding an honourable solution to the Naga political issue.
The NSF said the organisation knew the PM was engrossed with many issues confronting the government, but the Naga peace process was also equally important to be dealt with seriously, it said.
"We urge you to concretize the political talks and take a decisive step in bringing an honourable solution" to the Naga political problem, the NSF said.
The NSF leaders had met AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi and BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi yesterday and urged them to look into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story
- Trump's Brexit remarks make him 'unfit' for President: Clinton aides
- Sourav Ganguly not present during my interview for coaching role, says Ravi Shastri