NSUI should strengthen Congress: Tuki
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has asked the NSUI to strengthen the Congress party from the grass root level.
Launching the membership drive for NSUI state unit in presence of state Election Commissioner A Chaurasiya and party cadres here yesterday, Tuki said it was the policy of the Congress to include youths, particularly students, in the mainstream politics so that while future leaders of the party are groomed from the beginning, the programmes and policies of the party are furthered by the students.
Calling upon the student members to take their responsibility towards the society as well as the party seriously, Tuki asserted enrolling members as one of the most important steps to form a strong and active organisation.
The Chief Minister, however, said that getting enrolled as members is not the end of the road and "you have to be active and raise issues of importance."
Tuki is the founder president of the state unit of the NSUI formed in 1983.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- WATCH: UNREAL! 6 needed off 1 ball - Here's what Azhar Mahmood did!
- Resolve dual control issue to facilitate GST: Amit Mitra
- I don't want to be number one: Irrfan Khan
- GST logjam: Centre, states make headway on key issues
- Over 100 Muslims from Marathwada region of Maharashtra missing; have joined ISIS?