NSUI should strengthen Congress: Tuki
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has asked the NSUI to strengthen the Congress party from the grass root level.
Launching the membership drive for NSUI state unit in presence of state Election Commissioner A Chaurasiya and party cadres here yesterday, Tuki said it was the policy of the Congress to include youths, particularly students, in the mainstream politics so that while future leaders of the party are groomed from the beginning, the programmes and policies of the party are furthered by the students.
Calling upon the student members to take their responsibility towards the society as well as the party seriously, Tuki asserted enrolling members as one of the most important steps to form a strong and active organisation.
The Chief Minister, however, said that getting enrolled as members is not the end of the road and "you have to be active and raise issues of importance."
Tuki is the founder president of the state unit of the NSUI formed in 1983.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!