NSUI should strengthen Congress: Tuki
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has asked the NSUI to strengthen the Congress party from the grass root level.
Launching the membership drive for NSUI state unit in presence of state Election Commissioner A Chaurasiya and party cadres here yesterday, Tuki said it was the policy of the Congress to include youths, particularly students, in the mainstream politics so that while future leaders of the party are groomed from the beginning, the programmes and policies of the party are furthered by the students.
Calling upon the student members to take their responsibility towards the society as well as the party seriously, Tuki asserted enrolling members as one of the most important steps to form a strong and active organisation.
The Chief Minister, however, said that getting enrolled as members is not the end of the road and "you have to be active and raise issues of importance."
Tuki is the founder president of the state unit of the NSUI formed in 1983.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt