NSUI should strengthen Congress: Tuki
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has asked the NSUI to strengthen the Congress party from the grass root level.
Launching the membership drive for NSUI state unit in presence of state Election Commissioner A Chaurasiya and party cadres here yesterday, Tuki said it was the policy of the Congress to include youths, particularly students, in the mainstream politics so that while future leaders of the party are groomed from the beginning, the programmes and policies of the party are furthered by the students.
Calling upon the student members to take their responsibility towards the society as well as the party seriously, Tuki asserted enrolling members as one of the most important steps to form a strong and active organisation.
The Chief Minister, however, said that getting enrolled as members is not the end of the road and "you have to be active and raise issues of importance."
Tuki is the founder president of the state unit of the NSUI formed in 1983.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?