Nyishi group calls bandh on Friday
Itanagar: The Nyishi Youth Welfare
Association (NYWA) has called a 24-hour Itanagar bandh from
Friday in protest against the state government`s failure to
fulfil its demand.
Earlier, the organisation called a 12-hour bandh on
December 12 after expiry of its ten days ultimatum to the
government for bringing a logical conclusion to the recent
stalemate following a derogatory remark against the Nyishi
community which was published in two national dailies on
port evoked strong reactions in the state that
witnessed a series of bandh calls and violence in the recent
past which even claimed a life on October 11.
The organisation in a release today also threatened
to continue its agitation till `justice` is delivered to
It said that all sort of commercial establishments,
offices and educational institutions will remained closed
including movement of vehicles during the bandh.
However, media, security forces, ambulance and milk
van have been exempted from the purview of the bandh, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened