Nyishi group calls bandh on Friday
Itanagar: The Nyishi Youth Welfare
Association (NYWA) has called a 24-hour Itanagar bandh from
Friday in protest against the state government`s failure to
fulfil its demand.
Earlier, the organisation called a 12-hour bandh on
December 12 after expiry of its ten days ultimatum to the
government for bringing a logical conclusion to the recent
stalemate following a derogatory remark against the Nyishi
community which was published in two national dailies on
port evoked strong reactions in the state that
witnessed a series of bandh calls and violence in the recent
past which even claimed a life on October 11.
The organisation in a release today also threatened
to continue its agitation till `justice` is delivered to
It said that all sort of commercial establishments,
offices and educational institutions will remained closed
including movement of vehicles during the bandh.
However, media, security forces, ambulance and milk
van have been exempted from the purview of the bandh, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar