Obstacles should not be viewed as problems: Guv
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen
(Retd) JJ Singh said that obstacles should not be viewed as
problems, on the contrary they should be seen as challenges
and exhorted all to initiate measures in warding off problems
to take the area towards road to development.
Addressing an official meeting at Daporijo in Upper
Subansiri district on Tuesday, the Governor took stock of
various works undertaken in the district, official sources
said here today.
The Governor said that farmers should be encouraged to
take up agriculture, using new techniques and equipments
suitable for the soil and terrain of the area, and encouraged
the formation of cooperative groups for better marketing of
oranges and ginger from the area.
On problems pertaining to dearth of ambulance in the
district hospital and shortage of police personnel, Gen Singh
promised to look into the issues.
The Governor also made an aerial recce of Limeking,
Nacho, Siyum and Taliha areas in the district bordering China
to closely monitor development in interior areas of the border
While overseeing the progress of road works and other
infrastructure developments in the areas, he saw the entire
length of BRO road from Daporijo to Limeking, sources said.
He also visited potential tourism sites and took part in
angling and rafting in Subansiri River, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’