One charred to death in Mizoram
Aizawl: One person was charred to death and two houses gutted in two different villages in Mizoram.
Lalsiamkima Ralte (28) died while trying to put out forest fire on Thursday near south Mizoram`s Buarpui village in Lunglei district.
A house was completely gutted yesterday in Mizoram-Myanmar border Khawzawl village while another house was completely destroyed by fire on Thursday in south Mizoram`s Haulawng village in Lunglei district.
No one was killed on injured in the incidents while the two families lost everything in the fire.
Meanwhile, a forest fire was raging near the Mizoram-Bangladesh border Tlabung town ravaging private lands and forest areas and destroying crops.
Volunteers from Tlabung and surrounding villages were yet to be able to put out the inferno.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari