One charred to death in Mizoram
Aizawl: One person was charred to death and two houses gutted in two different villages in Mizoram.
Lalsiamkima Ralte (28) died while trying to put out forest fire on Thursday near south Mizoram`s Buarpui village in Lunglei district.
A house was completely gutted yesterday in Mizoram-Myanmar border Khawzawl village while another house was completely destroyed by fire on Thursday in south Mizoram`s Haulawng village in Lunglei district.
No one was killed on injured in the incidents while the two families lost everything in the fire.
Meanwhile, a forest fire was raging near the Mizoram-Bangladesh border Tlabung town ravaging private lands and forest areas and destroying crops.
Volunteers from Tlabung and surrounding villages were yet to be able to put out the inferno.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh