One Jawan killed, 7 injured as insurgents ambush official team
Imphal: A Manipur rifles jawan was killed and seven others including an executive engineer were injured when suspected insurgents ambushed an official team in Khudengtabi area of Chandel district bordering Myanmar on Sunday, official reports said.
The team led by the executive engineer of state Public Works Department was proceeding to border town of Moreh, about 120 km south-east of here, when the incident occurred at around 8.30 AM, the reports said.
Suspected insurgents first exploded a powerful bomb and then opened fire at the team killing the jawan and injuring two officials and five jawans, the report added.
The Manipur rifles personnel were escorting the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump