One Jawan killed, 7 injured as insurgents ambush official team
Imphal: A Manipur rifles jawan was killed and seven others including an executive engineer were injured when suspected insurgents ambushed an official team in Khudengtabi area of Chandel district bordering Myanmar on Sunday, official reports said.
The team led by the executive engineer of state Public Works Department was proceeding to border town of Moreh, about 120 km south-east of here, when the incident occurred at around 8.30 AM, the reports said.
Suspected insurgents first exploded a powerful bomb and then opened fire at the team killing the jawan and injuring two officials and five jawans, the report added.
The Manipur rifles personnel were escorting the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog