One Jawan killed, 7 injured as insurgents ambush official team
Imphal: A Manipur rifles jawan was killed and seven others including an executive engineer were injured when suspected insurgents ambushed an official team in Khudengtabi area of Chandel district bordering Myanmar on Sunday, official reports said.
The team led by the executive engineer of state Public Works Department was proceeding to border town of Moreh, about 120 km south-east of here, when the incident occurred at around 8.30 AM, the reports said.
Suspected insurgents first exploded a powerful bomb and then opened fire at the team killing the jawan and injuring two officials and five jawans, the report added.
The Manipur rifles personnel were escorting the team.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Sensex sweats as BoJ holds off on stimulus, skids 160 points
- Indian artist Sudarsan Pattnaik bags gold medal at sand art contest in Moscow
- India's B-schools disaster: Only 7 percent graduates employable, says Assocham
- Goa’s beautiful Morjim Beach – In Pics
- Auto-driver booked in Bengaluru for racial abuse of Northeast