One killed, 200 houses damaged in Tripura storm
Agartala: One person was killed, over 200
houses were damaged and trees and electric posts were uprooted
in a severe storm in Tripura last night, police said on Tuesday.
Purnaram Reang (21) was killed and his wife Anjuti was
seriously injured when lightning struck them at Paharpur, a
remote tribal hamlet in South Tripura district.
Anjuti was admitted to Amarpur sub-divisional hospital in
critical condition, police said.
Five cows perished in the storm which razed at least
200 houses to the ground besides uprooting 150 electric posts
and over 160 trees in different parts of the state due to
strong wind and heavy rains which lashed the state yesterday.
However, yesterday`s rain brought relief to the farmers
as their croplands had dried up due to scarcity of rain and
heat wave, sources in State Agriculture department said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani