One killed, 200 houses damaged in Tripura storm
Agartala: One person was killed, over 200
houses were damaged and trees and electric posts were uprooted
in a severe storm in Tripura last night, police said on Tuesday.
Purnaram Reang (21) was killed and his wife Anjuti was
seriously injured when lightning struck them at Paharpur, a
remote tribal hamlet in South Tripura district.
Anjuti was admitted to Amarpur sub-divisional hospital in
critical condition, police said.
Five cows perished in the storm which razed at least
200 houses to the ground besides uprooting 150 electric posts
and over 160 trees in different parts of the state due to
strong wind and heavy rains which lashed the state yesterday.
However, yesterday`s rain brought relief to the farmers
as their croplands had dried up due to scarcity of rain and
heat wave, sources in State Agriculture department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti