One killed, 200 houses damaged in Tripura storm
Agartala: One person was killed, over 200
houses were damaged and trees and electric posts were uprooted
in a severe storm in Tripura last night, police said on Tuesday.
Purnaram Reang (21) was killed and his wife Anjuti was
seriously injured when lightning struck them at Paharpur, a
remote tribal hamlet in South Tripura district.
Anjuti was admitted to Amarpur sub-divisional hospital in
critical condition, police said.
Five cows perished in the storm which razed at least
200 houses to the ground besides uprooting 150 electric posts
and over 160 trees in different parts of the state due to
strong wind and heavy rains which lashed the state yesterday.
However, yesterday`s rain brought relief to the farmers
as their croplands had dried up due to scarcity of rain and
heat wave, sources in State Agriculture department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!