One killed, 200 houses damaged in Tripura storm
Agartala: One person was killed, over 200
houses were damaged and trees and electric posts were uprooted
in a severe storm in Tripura last night, police said on Tuesday.
Purnaram Reang (21) was killed and his wife Anjuti was
seriously injured when lightning struck them at Paharpur, a
remote tribal hamlet in South Tripura district.
Anjuti was admitted to Amarpur sub-divisional hospital in
critical condition, police said.
Five cows perished in the storm which razed at least
200 houses to the ground besides uprooting 150 electric posts
and over 160 trees in different parts of the state due to
strong wind and heavy rains which lashed the state yesterday.
However, yesterday`s rain brought relief to the farmers
as their croplands had dried up due to scarcity of rain and
heat wave, sources in State Agriculture department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!