One killed, 28 students injured in Assam mishap
Morigaon (Assam): A teacher was killed
and at least 28 students were injured, four of them seriously,
when a school excursion team bus overturned in Morigaon
district on Friday.
Police said the excursion team of a local school from
Langting in Karbi Anglong district was on way to Guwahati
when the bus driver lost control at around 4 am at Nellei and
the vehicle fell into a ditch.
While a teacher Anil Basumatary died on the spot,
at least 28 students got hurt, four of them seriously.
The four injured were referred to the Guwahati Medical
College Hospital while the rest are being treated at the
Morigaon civil hospital.
The driver of the vehicle is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'