One killed, 28 students injured in Assam mishap
Morigaon (Assam): A teacher was killed
and at least 28 students were injured, four of them seriously,
when a school excursion team bus overturned in Morigaon
district on Friday.
Police said the excursion team of a local school from
Langting in Karbi Anglong district was on way to Guwahati
when the bus driver lost control at around 4 am at Nellei and
the vehicle fell into a ditch.
While a teacher Anil Basumatary died on the spot,
at least 28 students got hurt, four of them seriously.
The four injured were referred to the Guwahati Medical
College Hospital while the rest are being treated at the
Morigaon civil hospital.
The driver of the vehicle is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress