One killed, 6 injured as school building collapses in Imphal
Imphal: A 10-year-old girl was killed and six other school children were injured when the building of a private school collapsed during a hailstorm in Imphal East district of Manipur, officials said Friday.
The building collapsed during a heavy hailstorm at Arapti area in Imphal east district yesterday killing the girl identified as Konsam Roshni and injuring six other
Vice principal of the school, G T Memorial, Ng Kirankumar said the incident occurred when the school was functioning.
Many houses have been destroyed in interior districts of Bishenpur, Thoubal and interior villages located in Imphal East and Imphal West districts during hailstorms recently.
Manipur Education Minister L Jayentakumar said the government would look into the condition of buildings of private schools in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir