One killed in blast in poll-bound Nagaland
Kohima: One person was killed in a bomb blast close to Dimapur railway station in poll-bound Nagaland this morning, police said.
Pradeep Thapa (27), a mechanic by profession was going on his bike near the station when the bomb planted on the roadside suddenly went off killing him on the spot at 8 am.
Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio condemned the incident and termed it as a cowardly act.
He announced an ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the next of kin of Thapa.
Rio said this violent act was unacceptable in a civilised society and has been carried out to create fear psychosis. He called upon all peace loving forces to come together to combat the forces of terror and violence.
He also appealed to all sections of the people to maintain peaceful atmosphere under a spirit of unity and brotherhood so that the February 23 Assembly elections are held in a free, fair and democratic manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state