One killed in blast in poll-bound Nagaland
Kohima: One person was killed in a bomb blast close to Dimapur railway station in poll-bound Nagaland this morning, police said.
Pradeep Thapa (27), a mechanic by profession was going on his bike near the station when the bomb planted on the roadside suddenly went off killing him on the spot at 8 am.
Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio condemned the incident and termed it as a cowardly act.
He announced an ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the next of kin of Thapa.
Rio said this violent act was unacceptable in a civilised society and has been carried out to create fear psychosis. He called upon all peace loving forces to come together to combat the forces of terror and violence.
He also appealed to all sections of the people to maintain peaceful atmosphere under a spirit of unity and brotherhood so that the February 23 Assembly elections are held in a free, fair and democratic manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city