One killed in blast in poll-bound Nagaland
Kohima: One person was killed in a bomb blast close to Dimapur railway station in poll-bound Nagaland this morning, police said.
Pradeep Thapa (27), a mechanic by profession was going on his bike near the station when the bomb planted on the roadside suddenly went off killing him on the spot at 8 am.
Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio condemned the incident and termed it as a cowardly act.
He announced an ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the next of kin of Thapa.
Rio said this violent act was unacceptable in a civilised society and has been carried out to create fear psychosis. He called upon all peace loving forces to come together to combat the forces of terror and violence.
He also appealed to all sections of the people to maintain peaceful atmosphere under a spirit of unity and brotherhood so that the February 23 Assembly elections are held in a free, fair and democratic manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence