One killed in blast in poll-bound Nagaland
Kohima: One person was killed in a bomb blast close to Dimapur railway station in poll-bound Nagaland this morning, police said.
Pradeep Thapa (27), a mechanic by profession was going on his bike near the station when the bomb planted on the roadside suddenly went off killing him on the spot at 8 am.
Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio condemned the incident and termed it as a cowardly act.
He announced an ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the next of kin of Thapa.
Rio said this violent act was unacceptable in a civilised society and has been carried out to create fear psychosis. He called upon all peace loving forces to come together to combat the forces of terror and violence.
He also appealed to all sections of the people to maintain peaceful atmosphere under a spirit of unity and brotherhood so that the February 23 Assembly elections are held in a free, fair and democratic manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda