One killed in police firing in Agartala
Agartala: One person was killed in police
firing and 30 others, including 11 security personnel, were
injured in a clash between Congress workers and cops here on Monday.
Police said they fired when Congress workers ransacked
West Agartala police station, damaged two vehicles and beat up
police personnel, including Additional SP (Urban) Kamal
Chakraborty, leaving a total of 11 cops injured.
One person was injured in police firing, who later
succumbed to his injuries at Agartala Government Medical
College. About 19 people were injured after police took to
lathi-charge to disperse the mob.
Initially Congressmen organised a silent rally to protest
against yesterday`s incident in which 83 people were injured
in police lathi-charge.
Tripura police and Tripura State Rifles lathi-charged
Congress workers yesterday when they tried to stop examinees
from appearing for the Common Entrance Test (CET) of Tripura
Medical College demanding 85 of the 100 seats should be filled
up by students qualifying in the state joint entrance
examination, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'