One killed in police firing in Agartala
Agartala: One person was killed in police
firing and 30 others, including 11 security personnel, were
injured in a clash between Congress workers and cops here on Monday.
Police said they fired when Congress workers ransacked
West Agartala police station, damaged two vehicles and beat up
police personnel, including Additional SP (Urban) Kamal
Chakraborty, leaving a total of 11 cops injured.
One person was injured in police firing, who later
succumbed to his injuries at Agartala Government Medical
College. About 19 people were injured after police took to
lathi-charge to disperse the mob.
Initially Congressmen organised a silent rally to protest
against yesterday`s incident in which 83 people were injured
in police lathi-charge.
Tripura police and Tripura State Rifles lathi-charged
Congress workers yesterday when they tried to stop examinees
from appearing for the Common Entrance Test (CET) of Tripura
Medical College demanding 85 of the 100 seats should be filled
up by students qualifying in the state joint entrance
examination, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans