One killed in police firing in Agartala
Agartala: One person was killed in police
firing and 30 others, including 11 security personnel, were
injured in a clash between Congress workers and cops here on Monday.
Police said they fired when Congress workers ransacked
West Agartala police station, damaged two vehicles and beat up
police personnel, including Additional SP (Urban) Kamal
Chakraborty, leaving a total of 11 cops injured.
One person was injured in police firing, who later
succumbed to his injuries at Agartala Government Medical
College. About 19 people were injured after police took to
lathi-charge to disperse the mob.
Initially Congressmen organised a silent rally to protest
against yesterday`s incident in which 83 people were injured
in police lathi-charge.
Tripura police and Tripura State Rifles lathi-charged
Congress workers yesterday when they tried to stop examinees
from appearing for the Common Entrance Test (CET) of Tripura
Medical College demanding 85 of the 100 seats should be filled
up by students qualifying in the state joint entrance
examination, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list