One militant killed in Manipur encounter
Imphal: An unidentified militant was killed in an encounter with a combined team of police commandos and personnel of 18th Sikh Regiment of the Army in Manipur`s Imphal West district, official sources said on Wednesday.
Sources said security personnel patrolling Toubungkhok area under Lamphel police station asked a suspect to stop for frisking late last night.
As the security men approached him, the militant hurled a grenade which failed to explode and in the ensuing encounter, the militant was killed, sources said adding that a grenade, a 9 mm pistol and some rounds of ammunitions were recovered from his possession.
The body has been sent to Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital here for post mortem and identification, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!