One more body recovered from ferry mishap site
Dhubri: One more body was fished out from the site of Monday`s ferry tragedy at Medartary ghat of Dhubri district by search teams on Saturday taking the official number of bodies recovered so far to 38.
"Search operations are on and will continue tomorrow also," Dhubri Superintendent of Police Pradip Saloi told a news agency.
Assam government had yesterday released the lists of 35 dead and 42 missing passengers. Two more bodies were recovered yesterday and one today, taking the confirmed list of bodies to 38.
A total 250 people are feared missing, most of whom are believed to have been washed downstream by Brahmaputra to neighbouring Bangladesh.
India has sought the help and cooperation from Bangladesh in retrieving bodies that may have been washed downstream.
The principal opposition party All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF)and Assam State Jamiat Ulema have called for a prayer meeting tomorrow at the site of the ferry mishap.
AIUDF leader and Lok Sabha MP Badruddin Ajmal will lead the prayer meeting in which people from across Dhubri and Goalpara districts are expected to participate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you