One more dies in Manipur bomb explosion
Imphal: One more person injured in Thursday`s powerful bomb blast at Uripok Tourangbam Leikai area in Imphal West district has died, police said.
The person, identified as Ranjan Mahanto (35), succumbed to injuries last night, they said. With this, the number of people killed in the blast has climbed to two.
Unidentified miscreants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of Ningthoujam Priyoshakhi (80) at Uripok here at around 8 PM last night, killing a person Rohitkumar Das (28), and injuring four others seriously.
Among the injured, Mahto died yesterday, they said, adding that the condition of three other injured was stated to be `critical`. They all hail from Begusarai district of Bihar.
A local resident, who resides next to the rented house, was also injured by the splinters of the grenade.
Yesterday`s attack on non-Manipuri persons is the second such incident this year. On May 4, a powerful grenade had exploded at Chingmeirong on the outskirts of Imphal, in which five non-Manipuri persons were seriously injured.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility for the crime.
Official sources said about 15 non-Manipuri persons have been killed by unidentified persons in grenade explosions at different places in the past two-and-a-half years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured