One more dies in Manipur bomb explosion
Imphal: One more person injured in Thursday`s powerful bomb blast at Uripok Tourangbam Leikai area in Imphal West district has died, police said.
The person, identified as Ranjan Mahanto (35), succumbed to injuries last night, they said. With this, the number of people killed in the blast has climbed to two.
Unidentified miscreants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of Ningthoujam Priyoshakhi (80) at Uripok here at around 8 PM last night, killing a person Rohitkumar Das (28), and injuring four others seriously.
Among the injured, Mahto died yesterday, they said, adding that the condition of three other injured was stated to be `critical`. They all hail from Begusarai district of Bihar.
A local resident, who resides next to the rented house, was also injured by the splinters of the grenade.
Yesterday`s attack on non-Manipuri persons is the second such incident this year. On May 4, a powerful grenade had exploded at Chingmeirong on the outskirts of Imphal, in which five non-Manipuri persons were seriously injured.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility for the crime.
Official sources said about 15 non-Manipuri persons have been killed by unidentified persons in grenade explosions at different places in the past two-and-a-half years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday