One more dies in Manipur bomb explosion
Imphal: One more person injured in Thursday`s powerful bomb blast at Uripok Tourangbam Leikai area in Imphal West district has died, police said.
The person, identified as Ranjan Mahanto (35), succumbed to injuries on Thursday night, they said. With this, the number of people killed in the blast has climbed to two.
Unidentified miscreants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of Ningthoujam Priyoshakhi (80) at Uripok here at around 8 pm on Thursday night, killing a person Rohitkumar Das (28), and injuring four others seriously.
Among the injured, Mahto died yesterday, they said, adding that the condition of three other injured was stated to be `critical`. They all hail from Begusarai district of Bihar.
A local resident, who resides next to the rented house, was also injured by the splinters of the grenade.
Thursday`s attack on non-Manipuri persons is the second such incident this year. On May 4, a powerful grenade had exploded at Chingmeirong on the outskirts of Imphal, in which five non-Manipuri persons were seriously injured.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility for the crime.
Official sources said about 15 non-Manipuri persons have been killed by unidentified persons in grenade explosions at different places in the past two-and-a-half years.
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan