Online payment system for passport applicants in Guwahati
Guwahati: An online payment system for passport applicants would be introduced at the Passport Seva Kendra here from Friday.
Applicants would be required to make the payment at the time of booking appointment on the Ministry of External Affairs website and under this new system, only genuine applicants will book the appointment and number of no-shows will reduce, an official release said here on Thursday.
Guwahati is the third centre where this new system will be introduced with Dehradun and Vishakhapatnam successfully launching it earlier.
The payment can be made while booking an appointment on the website- www.Passportindia.Gov.In either by Credit /Debit card (both Master and Visa) or Internet Banking of State Bank of India.
Applicants can also use the Challan option provided on the website and deposit the money in State Bank of India (SBI) branch after generating the Challan online.
In such cases, applicants can take appointment upon the confirmation of payment receipt by SBI in online system.
Further, instead of the applicant choosing the date and time slot of appointment, the system will automatically give the earliest available appointment.
The new system will be gradually rolled out to all Passport Seva Kendras across the country in the coming weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad