Online payment system for passport applicants in Guwahati
Guwahati: An online payment system for passport applicants would be introduced at the Passport Seva Kendra here from Friday.
Applicants would be required to make the payment at the time of booking appointment on the Ministry of External Affairs website and under this new system, only genuine applicants will book the appointment and number of no-shows will reduce, an official release said here on Thursday.
Guwahati is the third centre where this new system will be introduced with Dehradun and Vishakhapatnam successfully launching it earlier.
The payment can be made while booking an appointment on the website- www.Passportindia.Gov.In either by Credit /Debit card (both Master and Visa) or Internet Banking of State Bank of India.
Applicants can also use the Challan option provided on the website and deposit the money in State Bank of India (SBI) branch after generating the Challan online.
In such cases, applicants can take appointment upon the confirmation of payment receipt by SBI in online system.
Further, instead of the applicant choosing the date and time slot of appointment, the system will automatically give the earliest available appointment.
The new system will be gradually rolled out to all Passport Seva Kendras across the country in the coming weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers