Only one nomination filed for Nagaland polls
Kohima: Electioneering for the February 23 Nagaland Assembly polls is yet to gain momentum with just one nomination filed till the third day on Friday.
Independent candidate Picto filed his nomination for Atoizu seat today, election office sources said. He is the only one till now to file the nomination.
The last date for filing nominations is February 6, while scrutiny of nominations is fixed for February 7. The last date for withdrawal of candidature is February 9.
Counting of votes will take place on February 28 and the elections have to be completed before March 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah