Oppn parties to submit memo to President on NC Hills scam
Guwahati: Opposition parties on Saturday decided to
submit a memorandum to President Pratibha Patil demanding
immediate action against those allegedly involved in the multi
-crore North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council funds scam.
In a meeting convened by Opposition leader in the Assam
legislative Assembly Prafulla Kumar Mahanta (AGP), the parties
decided to launch a combined agitation against those involved
in the scam.
The parties have also chalked out several agitation
programmes to protest against the scam and also demanded the
dismissal of the Tarun Gogoi-led Congress government, Mahanta
said after the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?