Over 1 lakh CPI(M) activists court arrest in Tripura
Agartala: At least 1,76,052 leaders and activists of the ruling CPI(M) today courted arrest while participating in an agitation against the Central government over issues like FDI, corruption and price hike, the police said.
The agitators were arrested while demonstrating before Central government offices at 50 places in the state and were later released, CPI(M) sources said.
CPI(M) secretary Bijan Dhar and state spokesman Gautam Das were among the top party leaders who were arrested.
Police said no untoward incident was reported from any part of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev