Over 1 lakh CPI(M) activists court arrest in Tripura
Agartala: At least 1,76,052 leaders and activists of the ruling CPI(M) today courted arrest while participating in an agitation against the Central government over issues like FDI, corruption and price hike, the police said.
The agitators were arrested while demonstrating before Central government offices at 50 places in the state and were later released, CPI(M) sources said.
CPI(M) secretary Bijan Dhar and state spokesman Gautam Das were among the top party leaders who were arrested.
Police said no untoward incident was reported from any part of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145