Owner, pilot of ferry held; 1 more body recovered
Dhubri: The owner and pilot of the double- decker ferry that capsized on April 30 in the Bramhaputra river in Assam`s Dhubri district have been arrested as one more body was recovered on Tuesday.
Owner of the ferry Syed Ali Bepari, pilot Golabuddin, ticket checker Syed ur Rahman and helper Shah Alam Sheikh were arrested on the charge of plying the ferry after expiry of its licence, Dhubri Additional Superintendent of Police Prashanta Dutta told PTI.
The four were arrested yesterday, he said.
Meanwhile, with search continuing since the mishap, one more body was fished out today, taking the official count of bodies recovered so far to 40.
The body was found from Patakata, downstream from the accident site, and close to Indo-Bangladesh border, Dutta said.
He said the search by the Army, NDRF and BSF would continue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory