P C Sorcar`s school to also teach magic
Agartala: The foundation stone of a day boarding school being established by magician P C Sorcar (Jr) near here, where students will also be taught the tricks of magic, was laid on Tuesday.
Affiliated to the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) board, the `P C Sorcar Foundation for Total Education` will come up at 10 acres of land at Khayerpur, about 20 km from here, by 2012.
"I want to establish a school which would impart education on different subjects like drama, magic, performing arts, besides conventional education," Sorcar, who has earned
many international awards for magic, said.
It will be a unique and exemplary institution in the country, he added.
Known as the `merchant of vanish`, the world-famous
magician had once made Agra`s Taj Mahal, Kolkata`s `Victoria
Memorial Hall` and a locomotive train with passengers in broad
day light "vanish".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men