P C Sorcar`s school to also teach magic
Agartala: The foundation stone of a day boarding school being established by magician P C Sorcar (Jr) near here, where students will also be taught the tricks of magic, was laid on Tuesday.
Affiliated to the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) board, the `P C Sorcar Foundation for Total Education` will come up at 10 acres of land at Khayerpur, about 20 km from here, by 2012.
"I want to establish a school which would impart education on different subjects like drama, magic, performing arts, besides conventional education," Sorcar, who has earned
many international awards for magic, said.
It will be a unique and exemplary institution in the country, he added.
Known as the `merchant of vanish`, the world-famous
magician had once made Agra`s Taj Mahal, Kolkata`s `Victoria
Memorial Hall` and a locomotive train with passengers in broad
day light "vanish".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview