P C Sorcar`s school to also teach magic
Agartala: The foundation stone of a day boarding school being established by magician P C Sorcar (Jr) near here, where students will also be taught the tricks of magic, was laid on Tuesday.
Affiliated to the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) board, the `P C Sorcar Foundation for Total Education` will come up at 10 acres of land at Khayerpur, about 20 km from here, by 2012.
"I want to establish a school which would impart education on different subjects like drama, magic, performing arts, besides conventional education," Sorcar, who has earned
many international awards for magic, said.
It will be a unique and exemplary institution in the country, he added.
Known as the `merchant of vanish`, the world-famous
magician had once made Agra`s Taj Mahal, Kolkata`s `Victoria
Memorial Hall` and a locomotive train with passengers in broad
day light "vanish".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!