P C Sorcar`s school to also teach magic
Agartala: The foundation stone of a day boarding school being established by magician P C Sorcar (Jr) near here, where students will also be taught the tricks of magic, was laid on Tuesday.
Affiliated to the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) board, the `P C Sorcar Foundation for Total Education` will come up at 10 acres of land at Khayerpur, about 20 km from here, by 2012.
"I want to establish a school which would impart education on different subjects like drama, magic, performing arts, besides conventional education," Sorcar, who has earned
many international awards for magic, said.
It will be a unique and exemplary institution in the country, he added.
Known as the `merchant of vanish`, the world-famous
magician had once made Agra`s Taj Mahal, Kolkata`s `Victoria
Memorial Hall` and a locomotive train with passengers in broad
day light "vanish".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev