‘PA Sangma can`t behave like a rogue element’
New Delhi: In a scathing attack on Presidential candidate P A Sangma, Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma today questioned his claim of representing the tribals in the Presidential poll saying the former Lok Sabha Speaker "can`t behave like a rogue element".
Mukul, a fellow Garo tribal from the same Garo Hills district, said the President represents the whole country and not a particular state, community or religion.
"India stands as a viable country. Our country is not governed by individuals, community or religion. If the country is to be divided on the line of community and religion, there would be chaos everywhere", he said addressing the `meet the press` programme of the Press Club of India here.
Questioning P A Sangma`s claim that he was fighting the Presidential poll as a representative of the tribals, the Chief Minister said, Sangma could have done lots of things to make a difference to the lives of the tribals had he wished as he had occupied several key Constitutional posts in his long political career.
"Forget about the country or the state (Meghalaya). I welcome you all to visit his constituency (Tura) from where he got elected (to Lok Sabha) nine times, the kind of development he brought... Forget about the constituency, visit his village and see how much development he has brought there. He can`t behave like a rogue element," Mukul said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed