‘PA Sangma can`t behave like a rogue element’
New Delhi: In a scathing attack on Presidential candidate P A Sangma, Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma today questioned his claim of representing the tribals in the Presidential poll saying the former Lok Sabha Speaker "can`t behave like a rogue element".
Mukul, a fellow Garo tribal from the same Garo Hills district, said the President represents the whole country and not a particular state, community or religion.
"India stands as a viable country. Our country is not governed by individuals, community or religion. If the country is to be divided on the line of community and religion, there would be chaos everywhere", he said addressing the `meet the press` programme of the Press Club of India here.
Questioning P A Sangma`s claim that he was fighting the Presidential poll as a representative of the tribals, the Chief Minister said, Sangma could have done lots of things to make a difference to the lives of the tribals had he wished as he had occupied several key Constitutional posts in his long political career.
"Forget about the country or the state (Meghalaya). I welcome you all to visit his constituency (Tura) from where he got elected (to Lok Sabha) nine times, the kind of development he brought... Forget about the constituency, visit his village and see how much development he has brought there. He can`t behave like a rogue element," Mukul said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch