Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya takes oath as Tripura Governor
Agartala: Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya on Monday took the oath of office and secrecy as Governor of Tripura at the Durbar hall of the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Justice of The Tripura High Court, Deepak Gupta administered him the oath of office in presence Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, his cabinet colleagues and top brass of the state administration and police.
Later, he took the guard of honour from the security forces at the lawn of the Raj Bhavan.
"I will work for the peace and prosperity of the states, where I have taken charge as Governor," he told reporters.
Acharya, who is the Governor of Nagaland is holding the additional charge as Governor of Tripura.
Acharya was a leader of Rastriya Sevak Sangha and former President of Akhil Bharatiya Viddarthi Parishad and National Secretary of BJP, in- charge of North-East.
Mizoram Governor Vakkom B Purushothaman, who was holding the additional charge of Tripura, had resigned after he was transferred to Nagaland on June 30 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city