Palatana project in Tripura resumes generation
Agartala: North-East India`s biggest gas fired thermal power project at Palatana in Tripura`s Gomati district has become operational after stopping generation for a few months.
Some technical faults in the compressor were repaired by BHEL, with generation beginning from last night, ONGC-Tripura Power Company (OTPC) sources said today.
The project, which receives fuel from ONGC, will help reduce the power crisis in the region.
The 726 MW project`s first unit of 363 MW to cater to seven of the eight states in the region plagued with power shortage, was inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee on June 21.
The second 363 MW would start generation in February next year.
The power project, combined with linked transmission and upstream gas supply network, has attracted investments of around 10,000 crore in the region.
The project was taken up in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan