Palatana project in Tripura resumes generation
Agartala: North-East India`s biggest gas fired thermal power project at Palatana in Tripura`s Gomati district has become operational after stopping generation for a few months.
Some technical faults in the compressor were repaired by BHEL, with generation beginning from last night, ONGC-Tripura Power Company (OTPC) sources said today.
The project, which receives fuel from ONGC, will help reduce the power crisis in the region.
The 726 MW project`s first unit of 363 MW to cater to seven of the eight states in the region plagued with power shortage, was inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee on June 21.
The second 363 MW would start generation in February next year.
The power project, combined with linked transmission and upstream gas supply network, has attracted investments of around 10,000 crore in the region.
The project was taken up in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre