Palm Sunday celebrated in Mizoram
Aizawl: Palm Sunday, the day to commemorate the entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem city as a king was celebrated in the Christian-dominated state of Mizoram on Sunday.
Children, mainly students of schools belonging to almost all the church denominations, and also adults took to the streets in the morning waving palm leaves singing hymns quoting the verses of the Bible.
The main words chanted during the Palm Sunday processions was "Hosanna," as was done on the last Sabbath before Christ`s crucifixion.
According to the Bible Christ entered Jerusalem as a king a few days before he was crucified and was riding on a donkey while people glorify him by placing clothes and palm leaves on the way.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?