Palm Sunday celebrated in Mizoram
Aizawl: Palm Sunday, the day to commemorate the entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem city as a king was celebrated in the Christian-dominated state of Mizoram on Sunday.
Children, mainly students of schools belonging to almost all the church denominations, and also adults took to the streets in the morning waving palm leaves singing hymns quoting the verses of the Bible.
The main words chanted during the Palm Sunday processions was "Hosanna," as was done on the last Sabbath before Christ`s crucifixion.
According to the Bible Christ entered Jerusalem as a king a few days before he was crucified and was riding on a donkey while people glorify him by placing clothes and palm leaves on the way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress