Palm Sunday celebrated in Mizoram
Aizawl: Palm Sunday, the day to commemorate the entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem city as a king was celebrated in the Christian-dominated state of Mizoram on Sunday.
Children, mainly students of schools belonging to almost all the church denominations, and also adults took to the streets in the morning waving palm leaves singing hymns quoting the verses of the Bible.
The main words chanted during the Palm Sunday processions was "Hosanna," as was done on the last Sabbath before Christ`s crucifixion.
According to the Bible Christ entered Jerusalem as a king a few days before he was crucified and was riding on a donkey while people glorify him by placing clothes and palm leaves on the way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH