Palm Sunday celebrated in Mizoram
Aizawl: Palm Sunday, which commemorates Jesus Christ`s triumphal entry into Jerusalem as king, was celebrated with religious fervour in Christian-dominated Mizoram on Sunday.
Sunday School students and the teachers took out Palm Sunday procession early morning in each village and locality across the state carrying palm leaves chanting Bible verses, singing hymns and shouting `Hosanna in the highest, let he who comes in the name of the Lord be praised`.
Church services were also dominated by Bible verses dealing with the procession of Christ and his followers to Jerusalem.
Palm Sunday is celebrated in the last Sunday before Good Friday, the day Christ was crucified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray