Panchayat polls in Sikkim on November 3
Gangtok: The panchayat polls in Sikkim would be held on November 3 and the Model Code of Conduct has come into effect, the State Election Commission announced on Tuesday.
The elections to the gram panchayats and zilla panchayats in Sikkim would be held on November 3, State Election Commission (SEC) secretary Gita Bhutia said.
"For conduct of free and fair election, the Model Code of Conduct is enforced with effect from September, 24 and it is applicable throughout the State of Sikkim and it will remain in force till the election process is over," the SEC secretary said.
The last date for filing nomination papers is October, 1. Scrutiny would he held on October 3 and the last date for withdrawal of nomination is October 5. The election process has to be completed by November 9, the SEC notification said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata