Panchayat polls in Sikkim on November 3
Gangtok: The panchayat polls in Sikkim would be held on November 3 and the Model Code of Conduct has come into effect, the State Election Commission announced on Tuesday.
The elections to the gram panchayats and zilla panchayats in Sikkim would be held on November 3, State Election Commission (SEC) secretary Gita Bhutia said.
"For conduct of free and fair election, the Model Code of Conduct is enforced with effect from September, 24 and it is applicable throughout the State of Sikkim and it will remain in force till the election process is over," the SEC secretary said.
The last date for filing nomination papers is October, 1. Scrutiny would he held on October 3 and the last date for withdrawal of nomination is October 5. The election process has to be completed by November 9, the SEC notification said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly