Pangolin scales seized in Mizoram, one held
Aizawl: Pangolin scales, worth around Rs 23 lakh in the local market, were seized and a person arrested in this connection from Vairengte village at Mizoram-Assam border, police said on Thursday.
Inspector J L Mahto, Officer-in-Charge of the Vairengte Police Station said over phone that C K Thanga, a resident of Aizawl was arrested along with the scales when he and his accomplices were trying to transfer the items from a car to a maxi-cab.
Later, during interrogation, the accused confessed that procured the pangolin scales from Shillong to be sold in Aizawl, Mahto said, adding that further probes are on.
The scales of pangolin, also known as "scaly anteater", a highly endangered species, are used for making garments and other purposes.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad