Parents to shift bodies of Arunachal school fire victims
Itanagar: Classes in Don Bosco School at
Palin in Arunachal Pradesh are expected to resume soon as
parents of seven children, who died in a fire in a hostel,
have decided to shift the bodies from the school`s premises.
After the inferno on February 10 at the school`s
private hostel claimed 10 lives, angry parents of the seven
victims carried the bodies to the school compound and buried
The authorities announced their inability to reopen
the school having over 600 students on its roll, till the
bodies were shifted.
Meanwhile, officials today said the parents have
decided to shift the bodies from April 3 and rebury them at
the site of the gutted hostel, which will be converted into a
Names of all the 10 children killed in the fire will
be inscribed on the memorial, said Additional Deputy
Commissioner Chuku Takar.
The state government has agreed, in principle, to
provide jobs for a kin of each of the deceased while Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh had announced ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh
for families of each victim.
The school authorities shifted the principal and other
teachers of the school to Itanagar following tension in the
wake of the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next