Parents to shift bodies of Arunachal school fire victims
Itanagar: Classes in Don Bosco School at
Palin in Arunachal Pradesh are expected to resume soon as
parents of seven children, who died in a fire in a hostel,
have decided to shift the bodies from the school`s premises.
After the inferno on February 10 at the school`s
private hostel claimed 10 lives, angry parents of the seven
victims carried the bodies to the school compound and buried
The authorities announced their inability to reopen
the school having over 600 students on its roll, till the
bodies were shifted.
Meanwhile, officials today said the parents have
decided to shift the bodies from April 3 and rebury them at
the site of the gutted hostel, which will be converted into a
Names of all the 10 children killed in the fire will
be inscribed on the memorial, said Additional Deputy
Commissioner Chuku Takar.
The state government has agreed, in principle, to
provide jobs for a kin of each of the deceased while Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh had announced ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh
for families of each victim.
The school authorities shifted the principal and other
teachers of the school to Itanagar following tension in the
wake of the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report