Paresh Barua`s son tortured before release: ULFA
Shillong: Two days after ULFA`s military
chief Paresh Barua claimed that his son was kidnapped by
unknown persons, the banned outfit on Saturday alleged that the
abductors had released his son Arindam after `torturing` him
and `interrogating him about his father`.
"Arindam was kidnapped from the main road. The faces
of the abductors were covered with black cloths," ULFA`s
publicity secretary Arunudoy Dohotia said in a statement
e-mailed to the media.
Arindam was tortured physically and the abductors even
threatened to kill him. Though Arindam was made to call up his
father, they could not establish the communication, the
"The teenager was asked about his father`s assets,
location, purported business etc and was threatened not to
disclose about the abduction," Dohotia claimed.
The outfit condemned the incident, saying leaders
"cannot be asked at gunpoint to sit across the negotiating
Stating that such incidents did not `forebode a good
future`, the ULFA claimed that it has identified some of the
abductors and would disclose their identities soon.
The statement did not specify when Arindam was
kidnapped or when he was released.
A few days back, the outfit had claimed that their two
top leaders - `captain` Antu Chawdang and `second lieutenant`
Pradeep Chetia - were picked up on December 13 in Bangladesh
and their whereabouts were unknown since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what