Paresh Barua`s son tortured before release: ULFA
Shillong: Two days after ULFA`s military
chief Paresh Barua claimed that his son was kidnapped by
unknown persons, the banned outfit on Saturday alleged that the
abductors had released his son Arindam after `torturing` him
and `interrogating him about his father`.
"Arindam was kidnapped from the main road. The faces
of the abductors were covered with black cloths," ULFA`s
publicity secretary Arunudoy Dohotia said in a statement
e-mailed to the media.
Arindam was tortured physically and the abductors even
threatened to kill him. Though Arindam was made to call up his
father, they could not establish the communication, the
"The teenager was asked about his father`s assets,
location, purported business etc and was threatened not to
disclose about the abduction," Dohotia claimed.
The outfit condemned the incident, saying leaders
"cannot be asked at gunpoint to sit across the negotiating
Stating that such incidents did not `forebode a good
future`, the ULFA claimed that it has identified some of the
abductors and would disclose their identities soon.
The statement did not specify when Arindam was
kidnapped or when he was released.
A few days back, the outfit had claimed that their two
top leaders - `captain` Antu Chawdang and `second lieutenant`
Pradeep Chetia - were picked up on December 13 in Bangladesh
and their whereabouts were unknown since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt