Pasighat to be hub of HRD in Arunachal: Tuki
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Saturday said Pasighat in East Siang district would one day become state hub of human resource development.
"Our first college - Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) - was established in Pasighat years ago and still running strong. A horticulture college is also here and with an Agriculture College coming up in the next couple of years, Pasighat is all set to become the center of human resource development for our state," Tuki said at a Congress rally at Pasighat yesterday.
Citing the first ever state university named as Arunachal University as a pet project of the state government, Tuki assured a sum of Rs 20 crore for its infrastructure development in the first phase.
To a demand for augmentation of the existing water supply system of the township, he further assured Rs 3 crore for it.
A proposal for augmenting the existing system by drawing water from a river source about 18 Km away is under consideration of the concerned department initiated by the local MLA and Education Minister Bosiram Siram.
Expressing concern over the delay in start of work on the airport in Itnagar, Tuki appealed to the people of Pasighat to help in facilitating speedy construction of the airport here.
“With your cooperation, I have no doubt that Pasighat will have the first airport in the state another first in many firsts!” he observed.
Reiterating that development of Arunachal is due to generosity of Congress, Tuki said, Congress leaders at the helm of affairs always had a soft corner for Arunachal Pradesh and as a result it is one of the most progressive states of the country despite natural hindrances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp