Pasighat to be hub of HRD in Arunachal: Tuki
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Saturday said Pasighat in East Siang district would one day become state hub of human resource development.
"Our first college - Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) - was established in Pasighat years ago and still running strong. A horticulture college is also here and with an Agriculture College coming up in the next couple of years, Pasighat is all set to become the center of human resource development for our state," Tuki said at a Congress rally at Pasighat yesterday.
Citing the first ever state university named as Arunachal University as a pet project of the state government, Tuki assured a sum of Rs 20 crore for its infrastructure development in the first phase.
To a demand for augmentation of the existing water supply system of the township, he further assured Rs 3 crore for it.
A proposal for augmenting the existing system by drawing water from a river source about 18 Km away is under consideration of the concerned department initiated by the local MLA and Education Minister Bosiram Siram.
Expressing concern over the delay in start of work on the airport in Itnagar, Tuki appealed to the people of Pasighat to help in facilitating speedy construction of the airport here.
“With your cooperation, I have no doubt that Pasighat will have the first airport in the state another first in many firsts!” he observed.
Reiterating that development of Arunachal is due to generosity of Congress, Tuki said, Congress leaders at the helm of affairs always had a soft corner for Arunachal Pradesh and as a result it is one of the most progressive states of the country despite natural hindrances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends