Patrolling begins in Assam-Arunachal border town
Itanagar: Patrolling began today along
Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border to restore peace at Simokho in
Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh, officials said.
"DC and SP of Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh
along with the SP and SDO of Assam`s Sibsagar district have
started joint patrolling in the inter-state boundary from this
morning along with forces to restore peace," DIG (Eastern
Range) Robin Hibu told reporters.
Tensions erupted in Simokho since August 14 when
miscreants damaged one under-construction barrack of Assam
Giving the chronology of events through a power point
presentation, Hibu disclosed that on August 15, there was an
exchange of fire which resulted in injury of a civilian in the
Assam police fired at the house of Raja of Russa
village on August 17, he said.
"Despite our request to DC and SP of Sibsagar in
Assam, police fired 50 shots on Friday," Hibu said while
ruling out any involvement of underground elements in the
whole episode as claimed by Assam.
"We are constantly apprising the higher authorities of
the development and requesting for deployment of neutral force
in the disturbed area," he said.
Assam Home Commissioner Jishnu Boruah will visit the
area tomorrow to attend a meeting of the local boundary
commission, constitute by the Supreme Court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists