Patrolling begins in Assam-Arunachal border town
Itanagar: Patrolling began today along
Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border to restore peace at Simokho in
Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh, officials said.
"DC and SP of Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh
along with the SP and SDO of Assam`s Sibsagar district have
started joint patrolling in the inter-state boundary from this
morning along with forces to restore peace," DIG (Eastern
Range) Robin Hibu told reporters.
Tensions erupted in Simokho since August 14 when
miscreants damaged one under-construction barrack of Assam
Giving the chronology of events through a power point
presentation, Hibu disclosed that on August 15, there was an
exchange of fire which resulted in injury of a civilian in the
Assam police fired at the house of Raja of Russa
village on August 17, he said.
"Despite our request to DC and SP of Sibsagar in
Assam, police fired 50 shots on Friday," Hibu said while
ruling out any involvement of underground elements in the
whole episode as claimed by Assam.
"We are constantly apprising the higher authorities of
the development and requesting for deployment of neutral force
in the disturbed area," he said.
Assam Home Commissioner Jishnu Boruah will visit the
area tomorrow to attend a meeting of the local boundary
commission, constitute by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read