Patrolling intensified after reports of ULFA planting bomb
Dhemaji: Patrolling has been intensified
in and around Lower Subansiri Hydroelectric Power Project
on Friday following intelligence reports of ULFA planting bombs in
the area at Dhemaji in Assam.
Dhemaji Superintendent of Police P Kar told PTI that a
combine team of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland police and
army personnel was jointly patrolling the area which is
bordered by the two neighbouring states.
According to intelligence reports, a group of ULFA
militants have sneaked into the area and planted bombs in
critical areas of the project under National Hydro Power
Corporation (NHPC), he said.
Security measures have been tightened throughout the
district and also in other parts of Upper Assam following the
ULFA threat to Congress workers in the run-up to the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj