Patrolling intensified after reports of ULFA planting bomb
Dhemaji: Patrolling has been intensified
in and around Lower Subansiri Hydroelectric Power Project
on Friday following intelligence reports of ULFA planting bombs in
the area at Dhemaji in Assam.
Dhemaji Superintendent of Police P Kar told PTI that a
combine team of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland police and
army personnel was jointly patrolling the area which is
bordered by the two neighbouring states.
According to intelligence reports, a group of ULFA
militants have sneaked into the area and planted bombs in
critical areas of the project under National Hydro Power
Corporation (NHPC), he said.
Security measures have been tightened throughout the
district and also in other parts of Upper Assam following the
ULFA threat to Congress workers in the run-up to the polls.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh
- India can save $50 billion if logistics costs are brought down to 9% of GDP: Study
- Worsening depression, a predictor of dementia