Patrolling intensified after reports of ULFA planting bomb
Dhemaji: Patrolling has been intensified
in and around Lower Subansiri Hydroelectric Power Project
on Friday following intelligence reports of ULFA planting bombs in
the area at Dhemaji in Assam.
Dhemaji Superintendent of Police P Kar told PTI that a
combine team of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland police and
army personnel was jointly patrolling the area which is
bordered by the two neighbouring states.
According to intelligence reports, a group of ULFA
militants have sneaked into the area and planted bombs in
critical areas of the project under National Hydro Power
Corporation (NHPC), he said.
Security measures have been tightened throughout the
district and also in other parts of Upper Assam following the
ULFA threat to Congress workers in the run-up to the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says