Patrolling intensified after reports of ULFA planting bomb
Dhemaji: Patrolling has been intensified
in and around Lower Subansiri Hydroelectric Power Project
on Friday following intelligence reports of ULFA planting bombs in
the area at Dhemaji in Assam.
Dhemaji Superintendent of Police P Kar told PTI that a
combine team of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland police and
army personnel was jointly patrolling the area which is
bordered by the two neighbouring states.
According to intelligence reports, a group of ULFA
militants have sneaked into the area and planted bombs in
critical areas of the project under National Hydro Power
Corporation (NHPC), he said.
Security measures have been tightened throughout the
district and also in other parts of Upper Assam following the
ULFA threat to Congress workers in the run-up to the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf