Pawan Hans helicopter services resume in NE
Agartala: Pawan Hans helicopter services,
suspended for nearly three months in six northeastern states
after the death of Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee
Khandu and four of his co-fliers in a crash, has resumed.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar yesterday flew to
Dharmanagar town in North Tripura district as Pawan Hans
Helicopter Service Ltd resumed its service in the northeastern
region following renovation of the copters, official sources
said here today.
The sources said that earlier the copter had only one
engine but now twin engines were fitted for added safety.
When contacted, an official of the Pawan Hans said
initially the copter service was resumed in Tripura and Sikkim
and would soon be relaunched in the entire North-East with
double engine fitted copters.
The service was suspended after it crashed on April 30
killing Khandu and four others in Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena