Pawan Hans helicopter services resume in NE
Agartala: Pawan Hans helicopter services,
suspended for nearly three months in six northeastern states
after the death of Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee
Khandu and four of his co-fliers in a crash, has resumed.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar yesterday flew to
Dharmanagar town in North Tripura district as Pawan Hans
Helicopter Service Ltd resumed its service in the northeastern
region following renovation of the copters, official sources
said here today.
The sources said that earlier the copter had only one
engine but now twin engines were fitted for added safety.
When contacted, an official of the Pawan Hans said
initially the copter service was resumed in Tripura and Sikkim
and would soon be relaunched in the entire North-East with
double engine fitted copters.
The service was suspended after it crashed on April 30
killing Khandu and four others in Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt