Pawan Hans resumes chopper service in Meghalaya
Shillong: Pawan Hans resumed chopper service in Meghalaya on Thursday with the Chief Minister Mukul Sangma taking a ride on an all weather helicopter from Guwahati to Shillong.
The official agreement on resumption of chopper service in the state was signed day before yesterday after licensed private chopper service providers in the country "did not participate" in the international bidding process which ended last month.
Official sources said today that due to the fact that despite the routes being hazardous the profit component was less, so the private chopper service providers did not participated in the bidding process.
The all-weather twin-engine Eurocopter-manufactured Dauphin Aero Special chopper is of an improved and more powerful chopper and uses state-of-the-art safety technology, Pawan Hans Chief Managing Director Anil Srivastava said.
According to the agreement, the state government will pay a fixed monthly charge of Rs 62,96,000 and hourly flying charges of Rs 63,160 out of which the Centre will bear 75 per cent of the outgo on this service.
The company has also assured the state government that newer choppers conforming to the latest Aviation Standards (AS4) clocking less than 5000 flying hours and "stricter" maintenance schedule before and after each flight.
Pawan Hans also announced that 10 seats of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in their institute at Mumbai for students from Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- IPL 2015: Not easy for fast bowler to win many MOM in one season, says Ashish Nehra