People have entrusted more responsibility on us: Sarkar
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, who led the ruling Left Front to a fifth successive win in the state Assembly polls, on Friday hoped the success of the Left Front would rejuvenate and consolidate the Left and democratic movement in the country.
"People have entrusted more responsibility on us and now we will have to implement all our poll pledges with the help of people. Our main aim and objective is to improve the quality of life of the people," Sarkar, also a senior CPI(M) politburo member, said.
The election of the state was held in an exemplary peaceful condition which would not have been possible without the cooperation of the people, he said.
"We are committed to maintain peace and harmony and protect democratic rights of people. Before elections all parties had gone to people with their pledges. People listened to all political parties and then expressed their verdict through ballots. We are grateful to people for their well thought decision," Sarkar told reporters.
Asked if the Left Front had stormed back to power due to his charisma and personality, he said, "There is a role of person in history, but the collective movement of people is the main driving force. We work together and take decision collectively, so I am a share holder of this success like others. I have no separate role."
The Left Front secured 50 seats (CPI-M 59, CPI 1) in the 60-member Assembly in Tripura, results for which were announced yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray