Petrol pump employee shot dead in Meghalaya
Shillong: Unidentified armed assailants today shot dead a petrol pump employee in Meghalaya`s West Garo Hills district prompting shutdown of almost all petrol pump retailers in the district, officials said.
The incident took place at around 8:30 am at Bokmagre area in the outskirts of the district headquarters, Tura, they said.
According to the police who relied on cctv footages, two mortorcycle-borne unidentified gunmen shot 24-year-old Bittu Patel hailing from Bihar at point blank range, killing him instantly.
"CCTV footages revealed that gunment came in a motor cycle. The footage is not very clear but we have registered a case in this regard," Superintendent of Police Mukesh Singh told PTI.
Police have recovered a 9mm bullet shell from the site. His post mortem was done at Tura civil hospital this afternoon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation