Petrol pump employee shot dead in Meghalaya
Shillong: Unidentified armed assailants today shot dead a petrol pump employee in Meghalaya`s West Garo Hills district prompting shutdown of almost all petrol pump retailers in the district, officials said.
The incident took place at around 8:30 am at Bokmagre area in the outskirts of the district headquarters, Tura, they said.
According to the police who relied on cctv footages, two mortorcycle-borne unidentified gunmen shot 24-year-old Bittu Patel hailing from Bihar at point blank range, killing him instantly.
"CCTV footages revealed that gunment came in a motor cycle. The footage is not very clear but we have registered a case in this regard," Superintendent of Police Mukesh Singh told PTI.
Police have recovered a 9mm bullet shell from the site. His post mortem was done at Tura civil hospital this afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!