Phensedyl siezed, one arrested
Guwahati: Over 3,700 bottles of Phensedyl, a cough syrup, valued at Rs 3 lakh were today seized from the possession of a person at Guwahati railway station on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip off, the police arrested one Sanjay Singh, who was travelling in the Awadh-Assam Express, and recovered the cough syrup bottles from his possession which were being illegally brought into the state, the police said.
Singh hails from Katihar in Bihar and was bringing the phensedyl for selling here.
Phensedyl contains codeine and is often abused by addicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred