Physically challenged woman raped by brother-in-law in Manipur
Imphal: A physically challenged woman was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law at Tangkham Awang Leikaian village in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said Wednesday.
School teacher Laishram Joy Kumar (41) raped the woman (22) when her parents had gone out of their house on October 11.
The following day, the victim was taken to the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital where she underwent medical test and the rape was confirmed, police said.
Kumar, married to a distant cousin of the victim, was arrested on October 14 and remanded to police custody for six days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing