Physically challenged woman raped by brother-in-law in Manipur
Imphal: A physically challenged woman was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law at Tangkham Awang Leikaian village in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said Wednesday.
School teacher Laishram Joy Kumar (41) raped the woman (22) when her parents had gone out of their house on October 11.
The following day, the victim was taken to the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital where she underwent medical test and the rape was confirmed, police said.
Kumar, married to a distant cousin of the victim, was arrested on October 14 and remanded to police custody for six days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'