Physically challenged woman raped by brother-in-law in Manipur
Imphal: A physically challenged woman was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law at Tangkham Awang Leikaian village in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said Wednesday.
School teacher Laishram Joy Kumar (41) raped the woman (22) when her parents had gone out of their house on October 11.
The following day, the victim was taken to the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital where she underwent medical test and the rape was confirmed, police said.
Kumar, married to a distant cousin of the victim, was arrested on October 14 and remanded to police custody for six days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi holds 'Mashal Juloos' protest against AAP govt; attempts to corner PM Modi
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio