PLA claims responsibility for Manipur blast
Imphal: People`s Liberation Army (PLA) on Saturday claimed responsibility for the twin bomb blasts that killed an Assam Rifles Havildar and injured three other personnel in interior Chandel district of Manipur.
PLA is the armed wing of insurgent outfit Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF).
In a statement here, PLA publicity Chief Bankim said the attack was carried out by `special warfare group` of the outfit at Monjang near the border town of Moreh along Imphal - Moreh National Highway 39 yesterday.
The personnel of 9th Assam Rifles battalion posted at Khudengtabi area on Imphal-Moreh National Highway 39 were on foot patrol when the two bombs exploded simultaneously near Hotel Point Monjang yesterday morning, the sources said.
Havildar Ramar Bahadur was killed in the explosion and havildar Thakur, riflemen Nayak and Akham Jakham were seriously injured by splinters at the spot, five km from Moreh bordering Myanmar, the sources said.
The injured personnel were immediately taken to a hospital at Moreh before being airlifted to the army hospital at Leimakhong, about 25 km north of here, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India