PLA claims responsibility for Manipur blast
Imphal: People`s Liberation Army (PLA) on Saturday claimed responsibility for the twin bomb blasts that killed an Assam Rifles Havildar and injured three other personnel in interior Chandel district of Manipur.
PLA is the armed wing of insurgent outfit Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF).
In a statement here, PLA publicity Chief Bankim said the attack was carried out by `special warfare group` of the outfit at Monjang near the border town of Moreh along Imphal - Moreh National Highway 39 yesterday.
The personnel of 9th Assam Rifles battalion posted at Khudengtabi area on Imphal-Moreh National Highway 39 were on foot patrol when the two bombs exploded simultaneously near Hotel Point Monjang yesterday morning, the sources said.
Havildar Ramar Bahadur was killed in the explosion and havildar Thakur, riflemen Nayak and Akham Jakham were seriously injured by splinters at the spot, five km from Moreh bordering Myanmar, the sources said.
The injured personnel were immediately taken to a hospital at Moreh before being airlifted to the army hospital at Leimakhong, about 25 km north of here, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India