Place the Sikkim Lokayukta Bill on hold: BJP
Gangtok: BJP`s state unit has submitted a
memorandum to the Governor of Sikkim requesting him to hold
the Sikkim Lokayukta Bill that was passed without any
discussion in the Assembly session last month.
In the memorandum to the Governor, the BJP has said
that the bill has come at a time when the CBI has sought a
go-ahead against the state Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling
and twelve others sitting and former ministers.
BJP`s state unit party president Padam Chettri said
that the Governor should immediately put a stay on the
aforesaid bill paving the way for the CBI`s investigation.
"CBI should also in turn make sure that they will be
conducting relevant investigations. CBI being a national
agency should act upon it seriously," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!