Place the Sikkim Lokayukta Bill on hold: BJP
Gangtok: BJP`s state unit has submitted a
memorandum to the Governor of Sikkim requesting him to hold
the Sikkim Lokayukta Bill that was passed without any
discussion in the Assembly session last month.
In the memorandum to the Governor, the BJP has said
that the bill has come at a time when the CBI has sought a
go-ahead against the state Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling
and twelve others sitting and former ministers.
BJP`s state unit party president Padam Chettri said
that the Governor should immediately put a stay on the
aforesaid bill paving the way for the CBI`s investigation.
"CBI should also in turn make sure that they will be
conducting relevant investigations. CBI being a national
agency should act upon it seriously," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review